Gluten free Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- 5 Tbsp non-butter spread(Spectrum Butter flavored shortening)
- 3 cup Gluten free Buttermilk Biscuits mix
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt (Fine sea salt)
- ¼ cup Stevia(Truvia) -another ¼ cup for topping
- 1 Tsp Pure vanilla exztract
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries (pitted)
Wash & Pit the sweet cherries and set aside .
Invest in a Cherry pitter !!!
Great Kitchen gadget !!!
Sift the gluten free flour into a mixing bowl with adding the baking powder, baking soda & salt .
Cut in the non-butter spread until the mixture becomes crumbly. Add in the almond milk , whisking or stirring until the mixture forms into a smooth batter approximately up to 1 cup.
Then add in the pure vanilla extract and stevia stir until mixed well .
Grease baking dish with non-butter spread
or non stick cooking spray.
Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Cut the sweet cherries in half . Sprinkle sweet cherries over the top of the batter; distributing evenly. Sprinkle ¼ cup truvia over the top.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour,
or until golden and bubbly…
For extra sweetness, sprinkle an additional teaspoon of stevia over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.
Serve with non-dairy cool whip topping or dairy free ice-cream…
*Note : This recipe you can substitute butter,milk & sugar.