Corn Dog Muffins
Ingredients:(makes 18 muffins)
1/3 cup melted butter spread(Earth Balance soy/dairy free)
1-pkg of Bob’s Red Mill Cornbread Mix(gluten-free)
1 1/2 cup almond milk
2-3 turkey hot dogs, cut into 1″ bites
2-3 tablespoon of Honey
Non-stick spray (Coconut oil)
*Have all ingredients at room temperature
* You can also use a mini muffin tin to make smaller muffins just cut the hotdogs into 1/2 ″ bites which should at least make about 2-3 dozen mini corn dog muffins. Shorten the baking time to 15 minutes and baste muffins with honey butter spread at the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter spread
- In a bowl combine cornbread mix ,almond milk ,
melted butter spread, & honey.
- Add eggs and whisk all ingredients to combine.
- Cut the hot dog into 1″ bites.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Add about 2 Tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup.
- Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
- Top each muffin with remaining batter to cover hot dog.
- Bake for a total of 20 minutes (oven temperatures vary).
- After the first 10 minutes of baking , remove muffins from the oven and brush the honey butter spread mixture on top of each muffin.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
- Place a toothpick into the muffin to check if the batter comes out dry then you know the muffins are completely baked through.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with any condiment of choice for me it is mainly ketchup & Gulden’s mustard.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving.
You can also store in the freezer just thaw the corn dog muffins out then re-heat.
These lil corn dog bites would be great
for any picnic or serve as an appetizer for a party.
Football season is just around the corner .