Walnut and Banana Green Smoothie
I’m skipping the coffee this morning
going for a Walnut & Banana Green Smoothie!
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup almond milk(Store bought or homemade)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons local honey(You can substitute stevia)
- Handful of your choice of greens(Spinach, Kale , Romaine etc)
- 1 scoop of protein powder -I’m useing Plant Fusion vanilla flavored.
Optional: Add Nutmeg or Cinnamon for extra flavor !
Place the almond milk, walnuts, honey, greens and protein powder in a blender and pulse until the walnuts get broken down and is all blended smoothly.Funny I’m Using my…Mr Coffee Cafe Frappe blender …It does the job!3. Pour into a glass and Enjoy!!!!One Cup of Goodness!!!No caffeine but this smoothie packs a punch of Nutritionfor an all natural Energy boost to get you through your day!Note* Plant Fusion Protein Powder has 21grams of protein + amino acids and only 120 calories in a 12oz shake.
No diary, soy, gluten (wheat), eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, or shellfish.The protein in PlantFusion is perfect for muscle energy, managing appetite,
and overall recovery from exercise and daily stress.
The only plant-based protein shake that compares to whey:Enhanced with 4500mg of branched chain amino acids (BCAA) and 3,350mg of glutamine, PlantFusion is a complete and extremely potent
source of protein by any standard.The first plant-based protein that compares to animal proteins (like whey)
in amino acid density and balance.Facts: Health Benefits of this SmoothieWho knew …
I follow Blythe Metz via Blythe Raw Live
- Banana has high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter, helps with depression & PMS. High levels of B6 & potassium which helps able to lower blood pressure. Bananas act like a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. High in Fiber . (Weight loss benefit) They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Spinach contains Flavonoids — a phytonutrient with anti-cancer properties abundant in spinach — have been shown to slow down cell division in human stomach and skin cancer cells. Furthermore, spinach has shown significant protection against the occurrence of aggressive prostate cancer. This leafy green is Loaded with Antioxidants :
vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium which combats the onset of osteoporosis, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure. The high amount of vitamin A in spinach also promotes healthy skin by allowing for proper moisture retention in the epidermis, thus fighting psoriasis, keratinization, acne and even wrinkles & vitamin A protects and strengthens “entry points” into the human body, such as mucous membranes, respiratory, urinary and intestinal tracts, but is also a key component of lymphocytes (or white blood cells) that fight infection. Spinach is loaded with vitamin K which is essential for maintaining the strength and density of our bones. Vitamin K is a crucial component of the process called carboxylation, which produces the matrix Gla protein that directly prevents calcium from forming in tissue. Eating one cup of spinach contributes to this process that fights atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease and stroke. The abundance of vitamin K in spinach contributes greatly to a healthy nervous system and brain function by providing an essential part for the synthesis of sphingolipids, the crucial fat that makes up the Myelin sheath around our nerves.
- Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease. All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide.It is also said to be useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, curing impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea, and nausea. Probiotic: Some varieties of honey possess large amounts of friendly bacteria. This includes up to 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobacteria. Note *If you want to get the goodness from your honey, make sure it is pure and raw. Raw honey contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes not present in refined honey.
- Walnuts are high in protein, vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, trace minerals, lecithin and oils. Walnuts are unique because the fats in them are primarily polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) and are the only nut with a significant amount of alpha-linolenic acid. Walnut is a rich source of manganese, one serving contributing to almost half of its required daily value & so rich in other minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus and iron and has plenty of folate and thiamin and useful quantity of vitamin E in the form of tocopherol.Omega 3 and Omega 6 are two essential fatty acids required by our body for cell growth, immune function, blood clotting and disease prevention, but our body cannot make them on their own. Walnuts provides 18g of total fat of which 13g are PUFA and 2.5g are ALA.Consuming 2 to 3 servings of walnuts daily decreases cholesterol levels sufficient to lower risk of coronary heart disease & rich source of ALA (omega 3), it no doubt promotes brain health. BEAUTY TIP:
Walnuts contains biotin (vitamin B7) that helps strengthen hair, reduce hair fall and improve hair growth to certain extent.CANCER PREVENTION:The beta-sitosterol (a phytosterol) in combination with gama-tocopherol (vitamin E) benefited against cancer cell growth. Numerous studies have also shown that regular consumption of walnut can prevent and even slow the progress of prostate cancer & reduces the risk of breast cancer.
- Almond Milk is hormone free & contains no cholesterol and has only 5 mg of sodium per serving. Consuming foods low in sodium and cholesterol help us to maintain better heart health and normal blood pressure. Bone Health : Almond milk contains 30% of our recommended daily value of calcium and 25% of Vitamin D. Great for your skin –Every serving of pure almond milk contains 50% of our recommended daily value of Vitamin E. This powerful nutrient improves skin health. Vitamins: One cup of almond milk contains 500 IU of vitamin A, 100 IU of vitamin D and 3 micrograms of vitamin B-12, which fulfills 100 percent of your B-12 requirements and roughly 20 percent of your vitamin A and D recommendations for the day. Vitamins A and D are important for maintaining a healthy immune system, and B-12 is an essential nutrient for critical functions in the body such as blood cell formation and DNA synthesis. Minerals : Almond milk is rich in phosphorus, potassium and zinc. If you choose three servings per day of almond milk you can still meet your calcium requirements of 1,000 milligrams per day for men and 1,200 milligrams per day for women, which is important for optimal bone health.
here is her Easy to make recipe for almond milk
Click to watchResources: