~ Coconut Oat Date Bars~
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almond
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut manna (is a delicious whole food made of pure, dried coconut flesh.)
- 1 1/2 cup dates, pitted if possible otherwise like this recipe you will have to pit the dates.
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup of Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini chocolate chips (Gluten,Dairy & soy free)
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of honey
In a food processor (I have a small one so I did this in 2 batches at a time ) make crust by combining almonds, oats, salt and coconut oil.
Greased a 8×8 baking dish.
I use non-stick coconut oil spray.
Remove crust mixture
press into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
Place in the fridge to set up.
Reserve 1/2 cup of crust for topping.
Pit & chop the dates.
Heat up the water in a small pot.
In a blender or food processor,
blend dates with Coconut Mann.
& warm water
Blend together until thick paste forms.
In a blender or food processor, I like to shred the coconut finer .
Add the coconut to date mixture .
Mix until all is well combined .
Add the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini chocolate chips .
Mix until all is well combined.
Press the date mixture on top of the chilled crust and evenly spread.
Add the remaining 1/2 cup of topping.
Place in the refrigerator to set. About 2-3 hours.
Cut into squares and store in fridge or can freeze and save for later.
Gluten & Dairy free Healthy snack !
Tastes better than an Almond Joy candy bar !!!!!!