GF Red Velvet Heart French macaroons
with Raspberry jam Icing
Ingredients ( Makes about 16-18 macaroons)
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1 3/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Velvet -Lorann Oils Bakery Emulsions
- Whisk together almond meal and confectioner’s sugar, salt and sift over a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add granulated sugar and almond extract, beat until medium shiny peaks, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold egg whites into almond mixture until combined with using a spatula until the mixture turns into a smooth consistency . Add the Red Velvet emulsion to the mixture and fold until all the mixture is completely red(Pink) in color. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag, cut off 1/2 inch off tip.(I’m using a candy treat bag) Pipe the mixture into the heart shaped cookie cutter on a parchment-lined sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
- Let dry 30 minutes to an hour and a half until tops are firm and dry. (I made one Big heart macaroon that has my name on it !..lol)
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake one sheet at a time for about 14 minutes, rotating once. Let cool completely on a wire rack before filling the macaroons together.
- Make the icing & Fill the heart macaroon sandwiches.
Icing:Blend all ingredients until well combined and becomes a smooth frosting
- ¼ cup of raspberry jam
- ¼ cup (4tbsp)Nutiva butter spread (You can substitute Butter)
- 1 tablespoon truvia(stevia –you can substitute sugar)
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Red Velvet -Lorann Oils Bakery Emulsions
These heart shaped French Macaroons turned out Lovely!
My New favorite Cookie!