Makes: 8 mini loaf cakes
- 3 cups + 2 tablespoons AKI AP Flour^GF (substitute any Gluten free brand All purpose flour)
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons baking powder(gluten free)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda(gluten free)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup Lucini Extra Virgin Oil (Use a good quality Olive Oil)
- ½ cup plain yogurt ( I used a non –dairy coconut yogurt)
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice(about 2 large organic lemons)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 Large organic free–range eggs
1-2 cups powder sugar, 1-2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray the mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray and dust with Gluten free flour.
- In a mixer combine Gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chopped fresh rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, olive oil, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon & vanilla extract and eggs. Whisk together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients slowly to the flour mixture, mix on medium high speed until well blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 8 mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of mini cake comes out clean.
- Cool and remove mini cakes from pan on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze in a small bowl by combining powder sugar, lemon juice and lemon extract then whisk together until smooth then drizzle glaze over the mini loaf cakes.
- Optional sprinkle tops of mini cakes with Sugary lemon zest.
*Note: This AP Flour contains Milk Powder
Akulinary Innovations AP Flour worked really well with this recipe.
I just noticed on their website that they now have a dairy free AP Flour mix !!!!
The Gluten Free Italian Lemon & Rosemary Olive Oil Mini Loaf Cakes came out perfect !
This cake is not too moist nor too dry …perfect for dunking in coffee !!!
A perfect combination of Lemon and Rosemary with the olive oil makes this cake delicious!