From the Kitchen of: Pati’s Recipes
- 1- 15-ounce can chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup tahini, (Arrowhead Mills Organic Roasted Sesame Tahini)
- 1/2 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzle on top
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt,( to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Dash of ground paprika for serving
In the bowl of a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice. Process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl then turn on and process for 30 seconds making smooth and creamy.
Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin and the salt-Process for 30 seconds, scrape sides and bottom of bowl then process another 30 seconds. Open can of chickpeas, drain liquid then rinse well with water. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor then process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl, add remaining chickpeas and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and quite smooth.
To thin out hummus slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until the consistency is perfect. Scrape the hummus into a bowl then drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top and sprinkle with paprika.
I made this dip for our monthly Gluten free support meeting !
These Milton’s Craft Bakers crackers -all 4 flavors went well
with the creamy hummus dip !!!
Crispy Sea Salt, Cheddar Cheese, Everything, Multi-Grain