From the Kitchen of: Pati’s Recipe
Gluten free Chocolate dipped
2 large egg whites, at room temperature –
( or 6 Tbsp of Egg whites in the carton)
2 cup /1 box Gluten-Free yellow cake mix
(recommended: Betty Crocker GF Cake mix)
3 tablespoons Stevia(Truvia)
1 ½ tsp brown sugar
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Pumpkin spice mix
¼ cup organic pumpkin puree(not pie filling)
1-bag chocolate chips(Enjoy Life-dairy-free) -Dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a mini madeleine pan generously with non-cooking spray. Dust with GF flour.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer beat the egg whites until frothy. Add the cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, stevia, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla and mix well on low speed.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared molds. Bake until the edges are golden and the center of the cookies spring back when touched, about 15 to 16 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Using a small rubber spatula, remove the madeleines and arrange scalloped side up, on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave. Stir until chips are melted.
- Dip a cooled madeleine into the melted chocolate with scalloped side down, coating about 3⁄4 of the front and 1⁄4 of the back. Place on wax paper and allow them to harden.