Gluten free Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes with Non-Butter spread Vanilla Frosting
Yield: 14 to 16 cupcakes
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 22 min
- For the cupcakes: 1 box (Glutino Decadent Chocolate Cake Mix)
- 1 cup green candy melts(Make Christmas tree toppers)
- 1 cup gluten free pretzel sticks(I’m using Aldi’s liveGfree Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks)
- Assorted sprinkles
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- Snowflake sprinkles
- For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup Non- dairy butter spread, softened(Spectrum Non-dairy spread)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Note :In place of buttermilk which the cupcake mix calls for … I made my cupcakes with non-buttermilk version by mixing 1 teaspoon of cornstarch to 1 cup of cashew milk.
I used this for the liquid to make moist cupcakes and try to keep it as dairy free as possible.
Make the cupcakes: Follow direction on the Box
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- Scoop the batter into the baking cups then bake for 18 to 22 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes cool, make the cupcake toppers by melting the candy melts according to package directions. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag. Place the pretzel sticks on a wax paper-lined baking sheet or liner, spacing them 2 to 3 inches apart. Pipe the candy melts over the pretzel sticks in the shape of a tree then immediately top the trees with the sprinkles. Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge for 10 minutes until the trees have fully hardened.
Make the frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the non dairy butter spread . Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar, beating just until combined and frosting is smooth.
Assemble the cupcakes:
- Spread a small portion of the frosting atop the cooled cupcakes and immediately sprinkle it with the coconut flakes and some with the snowflake sprinkles. (In case somebody doesn’t like coconut)
- Using an offset spatula, carefully release the trees from the baking sheet. Push the bottoms of the pretzel trees into the tops of the cupcakes. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the fridge until ready to serve.
***Product & Review ***
Glutino Decadent Chocolate Cake Mix made these cupcakes so moist & decadent !!!
A quick way to enjoy a great gluten free chocolate cupcakes !!!!
Perfect choice for chocolate cake mix !!!!