As the cold weather approaches it is time
to get more use out of my Vitamix and bring on the soups!!!!
Carrot Ginger soup is one of my favorites!!!
Loading up on vitamins & antioxidants and this soup
is full of them both !!!
Most of the benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta carotene and fiber content. This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents. Furthermore, carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate,
potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
Too many benefits of ginger to list ….
Ginger is one of the Healthiest foods …
mainly I ‘m consuming it for
Flu/cold prevention & Anti-Inflammatory Effects.
I used this recipe from THE CHEW-Clinton Kelly-It is sooo yummy!!!!
I had to share !!!!
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 2 ” piece ginger (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 6 carrots (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 15 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock/broth (cold or room temperature)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add olive oil.
- Add onion, sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and carrots, sauté 2 more minutes.
- Transfer mixture to the container of a Vitamix. Add cumin, red pepper flakes, honey, coconut milk, stock, salt and pepper.
- Starting on the lowest setting and gradually increasing, blend for 6 minutes or until steam escapes through the lid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.
A drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil ,
sprinkle of Cilantro,
red pepper flakes & a squeeze of lime juice
finishes this soup off !!!
THE CHEW-Clinton Kelly
Episode -Carrot Ginger Soup