Gluten free Corn bread Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp of non-butter spread or unsalted butter.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1½ cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- 1 cup diced onion.
- 1 cup diced celery.(optional)
- l box Glutino corn bread Gluten Free Stuffing.
- extra-virgin olive oil(drizzle over mushrooms)
- 20 large (2 1/2-inch-diameter) white mushrooms, clean & stemmed
- Gluten free seasoned bread crumbs (topping)
- Italian seasoning (dried)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a skillet and add 2Tbsp of non-butter spread or butter. Saute the onion & celery( I omitted the celery) until translucent. Set aside to cool. Add the package of Glutino’s gluten free corn bread stuffing mix in a mixing bowl , and the cooled down sautéed vegetables , 2 eggs,
& chicken/or vegetable broth .
Wash mushrooms caps with a damp paper towel and remove the stems. Scrape out the center of each mushrooms.
Using a small 1 inch diameter scoop, insert corn bread stuffing into the center of each mushroom .
For an extra crunchy topping mixed ½ cup of gluten free bread crumbs and add more Italian season to the mix(1 tbsp). Sprinkled mixture over the tops of the stuffed mushrooms.
Drizzle the stuffed mushrooms with extra-virgin olive oil . Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
Uncover and bake for additional 5-8 minutes.